Saturday 2 August 2008

Current Thinking!

Well, it's taking me much longer than I thought to do this, mainly because I'm doing a extensive demo, which will really show you the capabilities of the OS.

Here you see the two big icons on the extreme left and right, these tell you the usual signal strength and type, and the battery. The smaller icons inbetween are functional icons, this means that they not only indicate information but can be selected to open a function, in this case, e-mails and message inbox. I say they indicate information because they flash if there is a new message or email.

Below this there will be just informational icons, such as the key lock icon and the mute icon, some of which can be selected, but of course the key lock icon won't be selectable because when that appears the key pad is locked! Obvious, I know but I had to say it.

If you compare that to the original N95 interface, you have the clock and date at the top of the screen as well as the usual signal and battery, I haven't done this because when the phone is on standby it will be displaying a large clock and date in the main area.

I shell keep updating this blog with things that I come up with and as I get further in to the development of the emulator, so keep coming back. As always your comments are welcome, just post them here.

No comments: